Let’s be real, most people love dogs. We love how cute and goofy they are, how they follow us around like a shadow, how they develop their own personalities and their extreme excitement levels. That last one, excitement levels, can be absolutely adorable, but it can also become a problem when it’s not the right time for your dog to be wagging his/her tail and jumping for joy. Guests over for dinner, small kids around, working from home, flying, out for an afternoon walk, or at your local dog friendly coffee shop, there are different times and places for different temperaments.
You might find yourself at a crossroad here because there will be times that you need your dog to be calmer than others, but you don’t want to sedate your dog with prescription pills. You know there must be a safer and more effective way to get your dog to act a little calmer. This is when it’s time to turn to something a little more natural like CBD which has been linked to having calming properties in regards to dogs’ Endocannabinoid Systems, resulting in a calming effect.
The best part about CBD for your dog is that it’s super easy to use. There are CBD dog treats that are full of flavor, and come on, what dog doesn’t love peanut butter or bacon treats? Then there are the CBD Oil drops that are easy to mix in with their food or water. There is dosing available on the packaging, oil bottle, and website (always check with your Vet first before using CBD on your pet) too.
Here are a few safe and easy ways to incorporate CBD into your dog’s daily routine to help them stay a little calmer throughout the day, and to also plan for the future for some of those chaotic times that we’ve listed above:
- Mix the correct dosage of CBD oil drops into your dog’s food. This is recommended because it won’t leave your dog feeling confused about why there is something extra added to their food or water as it mixes right in.
- Open your dog’s mouth and squeeze the CBD oil drops directly into the dog’s mouth. This will be the most effective way to get the CBD oil into your dog’s bloodstream.
- Use the CBD dog treats as training treats. Dogs love peanut butter and bacon, so these CBD treats will be something that your dog will look forward to, but will also help them feel calmer.
- If you have a smaller dog that’s not as strong, you may opt to break our treats in half or grind them up using a mortar and pestle.
- BONUS TIP: CBD treats and oil mix really well with peanut butter and can then be frozen in a Kong or similar toy for hours of slow release CBD and extra calm times.
There is a lot of competition on the market for CBD for your dog, and you may have had a tough time navigating your way to the right product for your dog. As dog owners who were curious about CBD our selves, we get it. That’s why when we created Super Pups CBD for Dogs, we set off on a journey of creating the best quality CBD products for dogs, the world around. Of course that starts with top notch ingredients including terpene-rich Full Spectrum CBD, baked in a human-grade facility, then delivered quickly to your door.
You can purchase these CBD dog treats and oil at the Design Wellness shop or learn more about the benefits of CBD for your dog and helpful dog articles. Cheers to CBD and the ability to let your dog relax, take a deep breath, and smell the roses!